Studentų g. 39
Tel.: +370 5 275 13 77
Head of the Laboratory
Prof. Dr. Habil. Romanas Januškevičius, E-mail: email@example.com
Assistant of the Head: Lect. Stasė Baliukonytė, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Habil. Romualdas Vosylius
Senior Researcher Dr. Habil. Vidmantas Bentkus
Prof. Dr. Habil. Antanas Žilinskas
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Algirdas Kaučikas, E-mail: email@example.com
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Algimantas Pranas Urbonas
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Edmundas Mazėtis, E-mail: Edmundas.Mazetis@vpu.lt
The Laboratory was established in 1997.
It has these main goals:
- Encourage the Faculty of Mathematics and Information Technologies staff to actively participate in scientific research;
- Assist the young academics in integrating into the faculty;
- Assist talented individuals in joining PhD in Mathematics in other Lithuanian institutions (The faculty does not provide postgraduate studies);
- Coordinate the scientific research of the faculty staff in the field of Mathematics;
- Attract well-known scientists to LEU;
- Publish the achievements of LEU mathematicians in international journals and conferences.
Investigation of the characterisation stability of probability distribution standard scores
The investigation of various characterisation theorems in applied works is possible only with certain error values. Thus a natural and relevant question arises: If the assumptions of the characterisation theorems are fulfilled not precisely, but approximately, is it then better to claim that the conclusions are also fulfilled approximately? If so, then the next natural step would be to “measure” the error level of the assumption with chosen metrics and then to calculate conclusion fulfilment error: its level, constants and other values.
Led by Prof. Dr. Habil. Romanas Januškevičius.